Saturday, November 23, 2013

Trinidad James Clarifies, But Doesn't Apologize For "Atlanta Runs New York" Comments [Video]


by Mankine

Say what you want about ATLien Trinidad James. When Trinidad spoke his mind in New York while onstage last week, telling the audience that 'Atlanta runs y'all musically and if you don't like it, do something,' a few New York rappers took offense. I tend to side with James. He spoke his mind, which was the truth- and nobody put hands on him. So I salute Trinidad and whatever blessings comes his way. 

Truth is, Trinidad is not even supposed to be here. You have artists that consider themselves credible but can't write a simple song like "All Gold Everything" to save their lives, so I understand the hate towards Trinidad, but as a Georgia native I'm saying to myself, "Let this man eat!"

A few lesser known NYC rappers took offense. Maino, Smoke DZA and Hell Rell. Maino threatened bodily harm on The Breakfast Club and in a phone conversation with Trinidad. Like I said, I'm a Georgia native, so I understand the mindstate of any black male from Cleveland Avenue in Atlanta, Ga. James addresses the controversy below on his "The Truth Will Set You Free" Vlog. But if you're thinking that Trinidad is punking out to the threats, don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment