Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Simple Way A Developing Country Managed To Decrease The Number Of Babies Who Died By Almost 30%



Adding 34,000 health workers is a big help in any country, but it's especially effective in one where the majority of the population lives in rural areas. The results of the program speak for themselves.



Ethiopia has a very special place in my heart. My daughter was born there, and the few weeks I spent in the country had a huge impact on me. I think sometimes people assume that developing countries aren't working hard to solve problems on their own, but as you can see, that's not the case. Not only does this video share a really great program that's saving lives, it also helps to dismantle misconceptions.

"34,000 Ways Ethiopia Saves Lives" was created by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment